Archive for the ‘About Nial Adams’ Category
I’m delighted to announce that I’ll be delivering two at the Norfolk Chamber B2B Event on Thursday 19th October. Part of The PUSH Academy, these events are designed to get your sales and marketing moving quickly. If you’d like to attend (and you don’t need to be a Chamber Member) you can register for your place and grab a free ticket here -
Company: NialAdams.com & PUSH Online.com
Born: Norwich, 1969
- Where do you live? In early 2010 I moved back to my home county of Norfolk and living with my partner in Wymondham; a lovely market town just ten miles from Norwich.
- Where do you work from? Anywhere and everywhere. As a consultant the majority of my time is spent with my clients but I’ve learned to work with nothing more than a laptop and my trusty iPhone; it’s real freedom!
- When did you start your first business? When I was just 19. Despite bags of enthusiasm I knew nothing and was completely green so I had to learn fast. Over the following years I was very fortunate to work in different countries with some brilliant business people so I gain a very broad experience at an early age.
- What advice would you give others starting out in business? Understand the practical mechanics of business before getting excited about your ‘passion’ (read Gerber’s ‘E-myth’ if you want to understand this more). Very few people ever start a business with the required knowledge that certain elements will steer them towards success much more quickly and save years of heartache and wasted expense!
- How do you spend your downtime? I’ve got a growing passion for guitars. I’d certainly not say I’m an experienced musician but enjoy the peace and emotion of playing; it’s great for the soul and a perfect way to totally switch off. I listen to a lot of music and love cooking, being outdoors and spending time with my loved ones, just like everyone else I guess.
- Your favourite possession? That’s a hard one. I’ve learned over recent years that material things are much less important than relationships and experiences. I’d say my first guitar would be something I’d always want by my side – a wonderful acoustic by Crafter; it’s got its own soul!
- Best experience ever? I’d probably say taking part in the world-famous Bull Run in Pamplona in 2008; it was terrifying but the most exhilarating, adrenaline-filled experience of my life! I’d recommend it to the brave of heart… and the downright stupid!
- That special moment? Watching the birth of my first daughter Victoria, it was a miracle of life, she was so beautiful and I cried like a baby too!
- Your favourite food? I just love to eat (and cook) so it’s tough to choose just one. I’d probably go for Japanese for the experience but I still think you can’t beat a traditional Sunday Roast (rare ribs of beef please!)
- Your favourite drink? No competition; a pint of the freshest Wherry (Woodfordes) with the guys at The Fat Cat in Norwich on a Friday evening!
- Dream holiday destination? So many places I plan to visit. I think the mountain temples of Tibet would be my choice, to sit on the roof of the world must be an awesome experience.
- What car do you drive? Alfa Romeo GT V6, my second Alfa and I love it, despite all the jokes about the reliability of Italian cars, there’s nothing like it for driving soul. Plus I’m keeping the economy going through my fuel tax contributions!
- Sport, hobbies and keeping in shape? Well, I spent over 20 years studying traditional martial arts and achieved 4th Dan Master rank in Hapkido. I was also very lucky to be a private student for over 3 years with a Master of the Japanese Sword.
- Your favourite gadget? My iPhone, no question, it’s a world-class design and has moved mobile technology forward significantly. I couldn’t do my job without it. My iPad comes in a very close second… okay, I’ll admit it, I love Apple products
- Most inspirational person? I suppose I could go for the classic clichés of Nelson Mandela or Ghandi but I’ve got to say it would be my mum! She’s been a rock to me for so many years; fun, selfless, so utterly loving and always there for me.
- Most favourite film? Well, for storyline I’d go with ‘Fight Club’, for action ‘300’ and I loved Avatar in 3D, got totally lost in it. On a cold wet Sunday though it’s got to be ‘Some like it hot’… they don’t make em like that anymore!
- What are you most passionate about? I really have a struggle with prejudice and intolerance. I’m so saddened that emotionally immature people feel the only way they can feel better about themselves is to hate others.
- If you could live a double life and be someone completely different what would you do/who would you be? Well, a fast-jet pilot, F1 driver or rock star! OK, so I’m really just a big kid – no excuses!
- Biggest mistake in life? Thinking I could change others ‘for the better’ rather than trying to become a better person myself. I worked it out in the end though and life tastes very sweet again!
- Your favourite song or album? Well, I’ve got very wide music tastes; the best album would be Vicious Delicious by Infected Mushroom (no seriously, it’s genuine!) but my ‘signature tune’ has to be ‘Feeling Good’ sung by Michael Buble (did I really just admit that?!)
Nial Adams is Co-Foudner of PUSH Marketing Partners and works with companies and organisations of all sizes and types. He’s known for his experience as a copywriter, e-marketing and someone who ‘tells it how it is.